Octo4a IP Address 0.0.0.0:5000?

Downloaded Octopi on my Android (s8) Phone on WIFI its fine.. I get a proper IP in octoprint. But the moment I try to run it via ethernet cable (HUB adapter) I get the IP Address 0.0.0.0:5000 and obviously cannot connect to my octopi4 through my desktop anymore.... Please help, I've been messing with different settings on the app, settings on phone, and on the internet for 6hrs now.. Even reinstalled the app on the android phone too.

Moved to Get Help

Octo4a will display 0.0.0.0:5000 if it is not within a LAN, aka not connected to a network.

Have you tried the following debugging steps?

• Verify that the Ethernet connection works with another device
  • Verify that the USB C dongle works with another device

Are you not getting a dhcp address . Try ifconfig from the pi what addresses are returned?

From

In the context of servers, 0.0.0.0 means all IPv4 addresses on the local machine . If a host has two IP addresses, 192.168.1.1 and 10.1.2.1, and a server running on the host listens on 0.0.0.0, it will be reachable at both of those IPs.

The title and the text were a bit misleading. Op was talking about octo4a.
There is no Pi involved - just an android phone.

I've changed the title to avoid future confusion.

Sorry about last post. Should have read more carefully. Does this help? https://bootmod3.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/BCS/pages/1424326683/bootmod3+Android+app+-+Ethernet+and+BM3+NET+WiFi+Settings

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.