Octo4a 'no response'-Blobs-continues-repeat

What is the problem?

Printer will leave blob/zits because the print will pause and then continue as it prints just like the video linked. Text on the terminal will say "octoprint no response from printer after (#) consecutive communication timeouts"

What did you already try to solve it?

-changed usb wire
-looked up .D config files to change like a few vids suggested (which octo4a do not seem to have)
-Slowed my print down 20%-ish
-updated Marlin Firmware
-changed to a higher bandwith on the wifi for octo4a server (via galaxy s9)

Have you tried running in safe mode?

no

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

no

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

***no response from printer after 3 consecutive communication timeouts, considering it dead. configure long running commands or increase communication timeout if that happens regularly on specific commands or long moves. changing monitoring state from "operational" to "offline after error" connection closed, closing down monito

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

-ordered ahigher sync speed micro usb and possibly faster HUB adapter (3rd one) to see if it makes a difference. Also to see if there is some config file in the android phone files where I can find the config file with the "buffer_blocker" text and change it like the video suggests above (no success on finding where the config file is on the Octo4a files in phone...)

There might be a number of reasons for a communication timeout. The systeminfo bundle can help us to try and find out the cause, uploadign it (as in the template) would help.

It can also be helpful for you to enable serial.log, and then you will be able to see when the printer runs into a communication timeouts what the previous lines sent were. Sometimes the printer firmware has bugs, and gets stuck on certain lines.

Im not OP but I have the same proble with the same phone. I don´t Know what could be causing this. I´ll send my system info bundle :slight_smile: octoprint-systeminfo-20220120032223.zip (21.2 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.