OctoDash Issues with API key

What is the problem?

I am new to Raspberry Pi. Just bought Raspberry Pi 4 Model B with 8GB RAM. I installed OctoPrint which worked fine. I went ahead to install OctoDash to use 7" display that I bought. After installing I rebooted the system. Now I am stuck at "Hey There!" Thanks for choosing OctaDash nd some other initial screens. The problem is I cannot get API Key since OctoPrint does connect to the network or web interface. Since I chose to boot directly into OctoDash I can't go the command line either. Network setting in the text file are correct. Is there solution to my problem or I will have to reinstall everything from scratch?

What did you already try to solve it?

Search web for troubleshooting. Could not find solution.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Unable to run in safe mode. Cannot find config.yaml on sd card.

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

Unable to run in safe mode.

Complete Logs

Unable to find any log on SD card.

Additional information about your setup

OctoPi 0.18.0
OctoDash Unable to see which version.

I don't understand this - you said that OctoPrint works fine, so surely you can get the API key? Application keys is available in the settings panel, as well as global API or even your user API key.

Could you explain a bit more what your issue is? To get an API key to OctoDash without a keyboard attached, you can follow these instructions:

Thanks Charlie. OctoPrint worked fine prior to installing OctoDash. Now I am stuck at OctoDash setting screens and unable to get to the settings. Since it doesn't connect to the network I am unable to get the API key via web interface.

Arj Choudhry

I restarted OctoPrint several times this morning trying different things. I was unable to change anything but OctoPrint suddenly connected ti network and I was able to get the key. Its working now.

Arj Choudhry

I know you solved your problem already but just as a Heads Up, you can get to the command line from OctoDash by pressing Ctrl + Q in your keyboard.

Thanks for that tip! Now what do you type at the command prompt to get back into OctoDash?

I have the same problem as arj had only I never had OctoPrint working since I installed Octodash from the beginning and I never found out how to start OctoPrint from the command prompt. I too am not connected to the wifi and I don't want to be connected to the wifi.
I'm using Marlin with the RAMP1.4 board. I have the RPi, 3B+ BTW, connected to the board. Using the graphic display I can print. I just want to upgrade my printer to a touch screen from the archaic graphic display.
How do I get the API Key?