Octolapse: Can never get it to take snapshots

Ok, let me preface this by saying I'm new to 3D printing. I've been at it about a week so far, quite enjoying it. Now to the issue.

I cannot, for the life of me, get Octolapse to actually take any shots to make a timelapse. I've gone through every guide and video on setup and config that I can find, added the Gcode changes, set Octolapse to absolute, manually set the home positions for all 3 axes, everything I could find. I've completely wiped and reinstalled Octoprint and Octolapse fresh and still nothing. I either have to be doing something dumb, or I'm blind and I'm completely missing something obvious.

I am running a Pi 3B+ with an ArduCam OV5647, an Elegoo Neptune 2 (with their 'branded' Cura 4.8, I should probably switch), Octoprint 1.6.1, Octolapse 0.4.1, OctoPi 0.18.0. Everything else works perfectly fine, stream shows up, built-in timelapse works, all the tests in octolapse come back as good (although the Custom Image Preferences worked a grand total of once, and now won't work again at all, even after a fresh wipe/install of everything and editing the octopi.txt file)

The issue when I look at the Octolapse log is as follows:

"2021-08-31 14:22:12,212 - octolapse.timelapse - ERROR - The snapshot plan position (gcode number: 2477, gcode:G1 F2100 X92 Y123.118 E163.5108, line number: 2507) does not match the actual position (gcode number: 2477, gcode: G1 X112.898 Y109.94 E154.65995)!  Aborting Snapshot, moving to next plan."

It's always the positioning. I've searched for a few days now for a fix that works and nothing has, no matter what settings I change.

As for my start Gcode, this is all stock other than adding the G90 and M82 at the start as that was one of the suggestions I found.

G90 ;absolute
M82 ;extruder absolute
G28 ;home
G92 E0 ;Reset Extruder
G1 Z4.0 F3000 ;Move Z Axis up
G92 E0 ;Reset Extruder
G1 X1.1 Y20 Z0.28 F5000.0 ;Move to start position
G1 X1.1 Y200.0 Z0.28 F1500.0 E15 ;Draw the first line
G1 X1.4 Y200.0 Z0.28 F5000.0 ;Move to side a little
G1 X1.4 Y20 Z0.28 F1500.0 E30 ;Draw the second line
G92 E0 ;Reset Extruder
G1 Z2.0 F3000 ;Move Z Axis up

I'm not sure what all logs would be needed but the Octolapse log is just a wall of the timelapse errors for positioning. If there are any specific logs I should pull, please let me know. (I am mid-print so I'll have to grab them afterward).

Any help is gladly appreciated as this has been my biggest headache for the last week. Everything has been printing great, but I can't make good timelapses!

Have you tried changing the triggers to different ones, maybe ones that don't depend on the position? Just to see if you can get it to take some snapshots?

I have not, I'll try that this morning and see if I luck out.

Ok, so first, I'm dumb apparently. Second, THANK YOU for telling me to try a different trigger option. I started a print a little bit ago using the "Classic - Every Layer" trigger, and so far it seems to be working and taking the snaps after moving the extruder out of the way like I want it to.

I was using the "Smart - Compatibility" trigger before and that was the one giving me no luck. So now I play with settings to get clean timelapses.

Again, thank you for the fix! Can't believe I was just being dumb by not trying a different trigger...

Some of them require more setting up, extra configuration in the slicer etc. so it can be a bit of an experiment. The help links in OctoLapse are usually pretty good, but there's also the wiki that might help as well - if you haven't checked already.

Thanks! I'll be keeping that as a pinned tab now. After finishing another print, I have come to the realization that I shouldn't have cheaped out on a camera. It works well enough, and I may continue to use it for monitoring, but for getting nice a quality image for timelapses, it's sorely lacking. Testing it with a USB camera I have now.

Make sure you've adjusted the settings for the streamer - on OctoPi it defaults to quite a low resolution (640x480 iirc).