Octolapse - Not extruding after 1st layer

Hi there,

I have recently set up OctoPi and can control my AnyCubic Vyper 3D printer from it using a network cable, instead of WiFi, a USB Webcam and a USB to 3D printer cable.

I have installed the Octolapse Plugin (amongst others) but when I try to send a print from OctoPi, it stops extruding filament after the first layer, or there about. If I turn Octolapse off, then it prints fine.
I have searched and saw a similar post but there was not an answer, so asking again and including the logs that were previously requested, I hope that helps

Many thanks

TK

octoprint.log (87.2 KB)
plugin_octolapse.log (938 Bytes)
serial.log (265.8 KB)

We just set up the Anycubic Kobra Max (which is based on the Vyper), and we're having the exact same problem when trying to use Octolapse. The first layer or two lays down, but then nothing else comes out as the printer moves around and homes for the octolapse snapshot.

Were you able to solve your problem with the Vyper?

Old thread, but I ran into this too with the Prusa MK4 and I wanted to put an answer for hindsight.

I'll tell you what worked for me. I tried to attach images, but this forum won't let me because I'm new.

Go to the Octolapse tab and edit your printer profile.

Make sure "Customize Profile" is checked:

Scroll down to "Firmware Settings" and set "G90/G91 Influences Extruder" to "True".

I hope this works for you. I wasted a lot of time trying to work this out.
Source: Prusa Mini extruder stops extruding after the first layer with Octolapse turned on · Issue #462 · FormerLurker/Octolapse · GitHub

1 Like

Thank you mate

Oddly, this is timed rather well, I’ve been unwell and have not printed for over a year but started again last week. I’ll dig up and plug in my OctoPrint and give it a go!!

Welcome to the club, I hope you enjoy it

Cheers

TK :blush::+1:t4:

Mate,

You are my hero!, it worked beautifully. Now I can have Octolapse video footage, just like everyone else has. I had given up completely with it and that's all it took.

Thank you SO much for your hard work on this!!

Cheers

TK

How did you find the setting?, hours or trying to change every setting or just reading up ? :smiley:

Very happy to hear that it worked for you!

In the end I went to Octolapse Github to search through old issues and see if anyone had run into something similar. Luckily there was a matching issue from 3 years ago that had the answer.