Octolapse Startup Failed

Hey, i have a c920 cam i would use to make some timelaps of my 3d prints.I've set it all up and now I'm stuck with one thing. i get the same error every time i try to start a print.

"Octolapse Startup Failed

Unable to start the timelapse. Cancelling print. Error: The ffmpeg /usr/bin/avconv does not exist. Please configure this setting within the Octoprint settings pages located at Features->Webcam & Timelapse under Timelapse Recordings->Path to FFMPEG. "

i have a raspberrypi 4B 4gb ram, and running octopi 0.17.0 (the version for RB4)

i'm not sure how to get ffmpeg on my raspberry, or how to get it to run hourlaps over ovtolaps, hope some can help me.

4 Likes

so i found the problem, after some searching on raspberry ssh and google. then found that there is a wrong setting under -- settings - features - webcam & timelapes - Timelapse Recordings - Path to FFMPEG --
i change the /usr/bin/avconv to /usr/bin/ffmpeg, and now it works fine again.

hope this can also help others with the same problem.
Screenshot_1
Screenshot_2

6 Likes

Thank you for pointing this out.
This should be elevated to the attention of the dev.
Was hitting a wall here since I was in a situation where I didn't have full device access.

Having the same problem, but after changing to your setting, it still shows "Path does not exist"

Two years later and who knows how many updates / reinstalls have been done it might be worth your time to start a new "Get Help" topic and tell us about YOUR configuration by filling out the template as much as possible.

If you SSH into your RPi you could also try sudo find / -name ffmpeg to see if it is even installed and if so, where.

This is what I when checking Pi,

Please start a new "Get Help" topic and tell us about YOUR configuration by filling out the template as much as possible.

1 Like