Octolapse timelapse fail - URL incorrect

Camera model
Sony PS Eye

What is the problem?
Octolapse test mode causes Octolapse to fail with the following error

Octolapse Startup Failed

Camera Test Failed

At least one camera failed testing. Details: Unable to connect to the provided snapshot URL of http://tako3.prefecture/webcam/?action=snapshot for the 'Webcam - Default OctoPi 0.16.0' camera profile.

Seems to have the incorrect URL embedded somewhere. My URL is "http://192.168.88.2:8080?action=snapshot"

What did you already try to solve it?
Checked that the timelapse URL is set correctly, which it is. If I test the URL it shows the correct image.

Logs (/var/log/webcamd.log, syslog, dmesg, ... no logs, no support)
plugin_octolapse.log (17.0 KB)
octoprint.log (119.3 KB)

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, ...)
Octoprint Version 1.5.2

The OctoLapse camera URLs are separate from the regular timelapse URLs. Check that your camera profile in OctoLapse is showing the correct URL too.

Thanks Charlie_Powell. Yes, that setting is also correct.
I found the offending URL in
~/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/octoprint_octolapse/data/settings_default_current.json
Not sure if permissions are preventing it from saving there.

That's interesting, the default settings should be overwritten by whatever is in your local save. If you look under ~/.octoprint/data/octolapse/ is there something useful there? It is also strange that it is the default setting that is that URL, unless it is relative (/webcam/?action=snapshot) and it is joining the custom URL there too.

If you can find that it is correct in the settings, and that you have the correct camera profile selected when it goes to test, then it is possible it is a bug with OctoLapse, and should be reported as such.

I just had a look at the settings.json in ~/.octoprint/data/octolapse/ and it has the same bad URL. Very strange. I'm running octoprint as the pi user on my Raspberry. Maybe I should try running as su.

Running as root won't help, since then the data directory will end up in a different place. ~/.octoprint is the correct place for the Pi user.

You could try editing the settings.json file and restarting OctoPrint, to see if the changes persist?

Managed to get past this error by editing all files that contained the bad URL. Now I get an error on the FFMPEG folder, but that's for another topic.

1 Like