OctoPi 0.18.0 Side Column Camera view upside down

What is the problem?

OctoPi 0.18.0 update, Right side Camera View is upside down I think this has to do with the ArduCam Focus Plugin Cam as the Cam view is right above the controls for the cam, However, the Snapshots for Print Job history also upside down. There is plugin that puts it on the camera view on the left and that is right side up.

What did you already try to solve it?

No clue what to try

Have you tried running in safe mode?

No

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

Don't think this is going to help.

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)
octoprint-systeminfo-20220526175424.zip (224.4 KB)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible
OctoPi 0.18.0 Printer Irrelevant, This worked fine before the upgrade.

I have another install without this update and the cam views are all fine.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Systops.

Hello @systops !

You may try this plugin:

Hi, I just did some tests, the camera view that is upside down is not with any plugin, its the camera view on the right hand side. I turned off all camera plugins and the default camera view is upside down.

I disabled the ArduCam Focus and Side View Cam which are the only 2 camera plugins I have, and the view is upside down still. Interestingly, this is also the cam view that shows in Simply Print, so it's the default cam view on the right, not any plugin.
:frowning:

Sorry I forgot to also say that if I turn on Side View Cam, the picture on the left side is properly right side up.

Thank you for the suggestion of the other ArdoCam plugin, sadly it's not a plugin, so I can't change or turn anything off, this is just the default cam view in OctoPi. I don't get why the plugin for Side View is OK though, so it must get the feed in a different way.

Is there a proper place to put this for a bug report?

I have just installed the latest update on my second Raspberry Pi, and I have the same problem with the right side camera view being upside down, and I want to make sure that they are aware of this so hopefully it can be fixed in another update. Please note that the second Pi has no plugins on it, and it's still upside down so that rules out a plugin conflict.

Thanks

In the 'Webcam and Timelapse' settings there are rotation and flip options, that should impact the main webcam view on the control tab, and other plugins that don't provide their own settings can also use these. From the log files it looks like you are using the Sidebar Webcam plugin - from the screenshots on that page, it looks like it has it's own flip settings separate to the main 'Webcam and Timelapse' ones. Have you been adjusting those? I don't really follow which settings or where the webcam is correct or upside down completely.

No I have never touched any of the settings for these. In fact, I have time-lapse disabled, and only have the side cam plugin because it's larger, and not upside down. So OctoLapse it disables, and Side View Cam shows everything is set to no. So I don't believe this is a plugin issue as it's also happening to an installation that has no camera plugins.

Thanks

Right, so if I follow correctly (which I'm not completely sure if I do), then in order to flip the main camera view, you need to change the flip settings under 'Webcam and Timelapse'.

I am not using any plugins that have these options, they are disabled. This is in the default camera view that shows on the left, that is what is upside down.

To prove this I have removed both OctoLapese, and Side View Cam, the remaining Camera view on the Right side of the screen is Upside down.

I reinstalled Side View Cam, and this Plugin displays on the Left hand side and is NOT upside down.

If I change the settings to turn the Side View Cam to Rotate the view, then the Camera View on the Left and side would also be upside down. This is not the desired behavior. I don't know how to make this more clear. There is NO Plugin being used for the Camera View. Only the default Camera view that shows on the Right side of the screen.

How can I be more clear, this is not a plugin issue, if I have either disabled, or removed all cam plugins, This leaves the default Camera view which is on the Right side of the Screen which is upside down. How can I change any option which is NOT there when the plugins are removed?

Webcam and Timelapse is NOT a plugin. It is built in. I'm not talking about any plugin settings - the built in options.

They control this view:

OK, My bad, I had never used those settings, so I was not aware they were there, I have never touched those settings, and I had to uncheck those boxes. I still find it odd that the last major upgrade changed these settings, or they weren't working before and now are since I never checked those boxes myself.

Either way, now that I am aware of those settings, I will keep my eye on them.

As I suspected though this had nothing to do with any plugins. I thought you were referring to a plugin as I know there is an OptoLapse plugin so I assumed that you needed that plugin for the Time Lapse, Either way, we are all on the same page now, thank you for showing me those settings.

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.