router extender connected back to house main router via ethernet cable

I am looking for a solution where I can move the raspberry pi back to my house
and still manage the ender 3 v2 and monitor via the usb camera with octopi
raspberry pi in the house.

What did you already try to solve it?

I have been googling and cannot find a solution

Have you tried running in safe mode?

N/A

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

N/A

Systeminfo Bundle

N/A

WRITE HERE

N/A
WRITE HERE

The best solution is to keep it the way it is.
Reason:
USB is not made to cover larger distances. Ethernet cable is way more reliable.

My first question is why - if there are any solutions here, then they will be more expensive, complicated or prone to breaking.

One option is two 15m long USB cables (or 1 + a hub). This is not a good solution as a really long cable will have a weak signal and lots of interference, which is not what you want for controlling a 3D printer. Likewise USB cameras won't work on really long cables without extra hardware to boost the signal or something.

You could run the serial communication over the network, using an unlisted plugin. However this means that you need to buy another Pi, or something like an ESP board to do the translation for the printer anyway. Network introduces higher latency which could be disruptive to prints as well.

Neither of these solutions are cost-effective or work well in my opinion, leaving the Pi in the shed and connecting to it is the best solution.

We are talking about a Creality Ender 3 V2 at the other end of this massively log USB cable. Creality printers are so prone to errors if the USB cable connection isn't perfect. I'd have nightmares even thinking about this solution :crazy_face:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.