OctoPi Connects to Netflix, Vodafone and Amazon AWS

What is the problem?

I discovered today via Pi.Hole that one of my two OctoPi's connects to nrdp.prod.ftl.netflix.com, spectrum.s3.amazonaws.com and something with vodafone.de . I have no clue what it is. On both systems are the same plugins installed. But only one with the newest OS version connects to.

What did you already try to solve it?

Looked for suspicious plugins or services.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Nope.

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

Culprit OctoPi: octoprint-systeminfo-20230412231136.zip (193.0 KB)
Other OctoPi: octoprint-systeminfo-20230412231235.zip (201.9 KB)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

CulpritPi: OctoPrint 1.8.7, Python 3.9.2, OctoPi 1.0.0
OtherPi: OctoPrint 1.8.7, Python 3.7.3, OctoPi 0.18.0

Are you sure it's the same device with that IP. It's possible that the IP was previously assigned to a different device and when your DHCP gave out IP address to the pi it gave it one previously used by something else. Then when you run reports from pihole on that IP it will show everything associated with both devices.

1 Like

I just checked my octopi 1.0.0 instance in pihole and only have octoprint.org, sentry.io (anonymous usage tracking), and google.com (online connectivity checks) domains coming from it.

Yepp, I locked the IP for the Pi's in my FritzBox so they get every time the same IP.

Edit: Ah okay I think I found the issue. The "culprit OctoPi" should every time get 192.168.178.30 and got it but in the PiHole Network list the OctoPi is listed with 46 at the end that is related to the Vodafone GigaTV2 Receiver. I think I have to some cleaning tomorrow. :slight_smile: But thanks anyway. :wink:

Edit #2: Splendid! After flushing network table in PiHole it's all fine again.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.