OctoPi GUI screen shifting right

Hello and Happy New Year. I'm a newbie to OctoPrint and OctoPi so I am looking for any help on this issue. Thank you in advance for your help, it is greatly appreciated.

What is the problem?
I have a Pi4B with a 7" TFT screen. When it powers up everything looks good (see Normal picture). After doing several prints (starts after 1st or 2nd print) the GUI shifts right on the screen (see Shifted picture).

What did you already try to solve it?
I'm not even sure where to start troubleshooting. I'm very new to Opensource and have minimal knowledge. I did search the Forum for similar topics but could not find any.

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, what kind of hardware precisely, ...)

Hello,

I have a Pi4B with a 7" TFT screen

Is the screen attached to and driven by software on the pi? If so, which, can you give us some details how you installed and configured it?

From those screenshots you posted it rather looks as it is driven by something made by creality and not by octopi or OctoPrint.
I may be wrong but I wonder if you'd better ask your question in a Creality User forum than here.

After looking at the post I can see your confusion and I apologize for that, my fault. The labels for the pictures didn't post as I intended. The Creality screenshot is of the printer showing the firmware version.

I loaded the Pi4B w/7" TFT display with OctoPi and OctoPrint and installed them directly from the site with no modifications or alterations.

Here is the first screen that the Pi boots into:

Here is the screenshot displaying the versions of OctoPi and OctoPrint:

I hope this makes it clearer. Again, I apologize for the confusion.

I had a look to see if there was an issue already reported to OctoScreen here:

But I could not see one. It seems like it might be a bug in OctoScreen, so you might want to report it there.

Having said that, it looks like you are using OctoScreen 2.5 there - the latest release looks to be 2.7.4 (Releases Β· Z-Bolt/OctoScreen (github.com)). Maybe try updating it to see if it was fixed? Instructions are in the release notes.

1 Like

I'll do the update first and see if it fixes the problem. If not, I'll report it there. Thank you Charlie! I truly appreciate your help with this!

@Charlie_Powell - this update seems to have fixed the problem. I looked through the release notes for OctoScreen 2.6 - 2.7.4 and could not find anything that talked about my issue. Are you using something other than Z-Bolt OctoScreen?

Thanks again for your help!