OctoPi Image Downdload Keeps Failing?

My OctoPi can no longer self-udate, so I am trying to download the OctoPi image from the site here - OctoPrint.org - Download & Setup OctoPrint I have tried half a dozen times: via VPN; VPN disabled; via Xtreme Download Manager; via Firefox' built-in downloader; via computer running Linux; via computer running Windows... every single time, the download fails. Is there a mirror server from which I can download this?

1 Like

How does it fail specifically? I can't see any issues.

I don't really know. In Xtreme Download Manager, it will download a percentage of the file (it's never the same amount - usually between 15 and 40%) and suddenly go into pause mode, from which it can't be resumed. With Firefox's built in downloader, it will download a percentage of the file and then just fail. That's all Firefox reports.

Try from a different network if possible. I can't see any issue here, downloads just fine from all mirrors (which the download link already redirects to via a load balancing setup).

Mirrors in rotation are:

BTW: OctoPi does not self update - OctoPrint does.

You may check your internet connectivity and - if you connect to the router via WiFi - the WiFi connectivity and the channel usage.

Yeah... my OctoPI image is so old that OctoPrint refuses to self-update anymore. I finally found a link on here in another post that did complete. I ran the md5 checksum on it just to be sure....

I don't know why I am having trouble with that download, but thanks for trying to help! I appreciate it.

Continuing the discussion from OctoPi Image Downdload Keeps Failing?:

As someone who lives in a rural area, our internet is ridiculously slow..

With firefox, it may download around 10% before failing. With internet explorer, about the same. even with a downloader it fails early on and for some reason it wont resume..

I did find one torrent.. The file is 686kb same as the 686kb download from octoprint.org. I wish octoprint.org would do an official torrent download, as torrents will resume..

foosel (thankyou) did add links to mirrors.. The 1st one failed the same and I am now on the 2nd link.

If this fails, I will have no choice but to go with the torrent even though its not from octoprint.org...

Anyway, This is the torrent address I found:

[torrentlink removed by mod]

1 Like

I would suggest you try out a download manager.
I didn't use one in a long time.. The last one I used was downthemall - a firefox addon. It should help you to continue the download when it fails and also to download it with more then one connection at the time.

sorry.. Thats what i meant by a downloader.. I got ninja downloader, but little help..

At the moment, the 2nd mirror is doing well, but I'm hesitant to say too much _ you never know. Alas, 55.88% so far - Please god!!

1 Like

I had the same problem yesterday while I was downloading the latest version. It essentially failed with a "Network Error" about every 8% of the download. It resumes ok so I eventually got it down and the img file was ok but it was highly annoying!