What did you already try to solve it?

Removing plugins
Running in safe mode
Connected network cable to PI
Changing USB cable for printer
Ensuring adequete power to Pi

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Yes

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

No

Complete Logs

octoprint.zip (3.1 MB)

"Failing while printing" is a bit vague, but after reading the logs, I can understand why you would write that.

From a scan of the logs, it appears that many of the plug-ins are reporting loss of connectivity to the internet. I would check that your router is OK. I had a power supply on my router slowly fail over time and it resulted in a similar failure in network communications.

Is this the "Failing" you are describing?

1 Like

I was also scrolling through the logs and I'm not quite sure what you mean.

Please describe your problem more detailed.

Apologies, half of what i wrote decided not to save.

My prints have failed 3 times now as the connection between the printer and OctoPrint seems to have dropped. OctoPrint on my laptop often displays errors communicating with the printer and ofter i get the screen saying "connection lost" try reboot.

First: Please do not pull the power from the Pi. Sooner or later you will have a corrupted file structure on the SD card.

Then: During print, there a lots of resend requests, but not all the time. This can be some EMI problem.
Keep the USB cable as short and as best quality as possible. Check for high power devices near the printer/RasPi. Maybe you have to change the power outlet.

1 Like

Like @Ewald_Ikemann mentions, don't just pull the power. IF you have done that, I would reformat your SD card fresh and reconfigure. Start with a fresh .gcode file, and no plug ins. If it still fails, then indeed replace your USB cable.

Even a good USB cable can act up if you touch the printer or nudge the connector to the printer a bit. I've knocked a printer off line just brushing against the microUSB connector (bane of my existence) or with a little static zap.

1 Like