Octopi/Pi 4:Timeout waiting for hardware interrupt

What is the problem?
My Raspberry Pi 4b (4GB RAM) eventually (after about 6-24 hours) won't load the web interface and if I look at the display I can see an error report that says "Timeout waiting for hardware interrupt" among many other things. Picture in logs section.

What did you already try to solve it?

I've tried reloading (wiping the SD Card) octopi with no plugins and reverting to the firmware that the Pi 4 ships with (which actually made the webcam [logitech C615] work better) but I still have the problem.
Logs (octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support!)
octoprint.log (476.1 KB)
serial.log (148 Bytes)

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible)
I'm using Octopi 17.0 and octoprint 1.3.12 on my Pi 4b. Webcam is a logitech C615. Also using a logitech K400+ keyboard, FWIW, and a samsung syncmaster 2233 monitor. My printer is a modified Creality Ender 4 that I've converted to CoreXY and I'm using a Duet 2 wifi controller board. Duet 2 firmware is v2.04. Pi 4b firmware is 00013701. Browser is Firefox 70.0.1 64-bit. OS is Windows 10 1903 build 18362.476.

This is much hardware related.
Are you using always the same SD card?
You may try another one.

1 Like

As suggested, replace the microSD card to see if that's the problem. I'll also suggest verifying that you have the right power adapter for the Pi.

More

That shows that the error is with MMC1. That is the boot eeprom. Follow the instructions on the raspberrypi.org downloads page for boot recovery. it appears something is corrupt and it needs reflashed

3 Likes

Oh... it's the EEPROM on the Pi4B which gets firmware. I had to reload that after running a next branch test of Raspbian once.