Octopi server not running but is connected to wifi

What is the problem?

I just installed the PSU Control plugin and now my Octoprint server won't start.

What did you already try to solve it?

I tried the commands ps -ef | grep -i octoprint | grep -i python which did nothing and ~/.octoprint/logs/octoprint.log which just said permission denied. When I ping the Rpi it gives a IPv6 address instead of a IPv4.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

I have not ran it in safe mode because I don't know what that is and didn't know this was a thing until writing this.

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

When I try to get the required systeminfo it says invalid YAML and a fatal error intitializing the platform

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

It is the latest version of octoprint on my Raspberry Pi 4b 2gb ram.

Have you noticed that safe mode is written in blue? That is a link. You may click it for more info.

I'm trying to run it in safe mode but in order to use the --safe if have to turn off octoprint but i don't know how using the cmd prompt on my windows laptop.

Edit: Whilst I presume OctoPi was running I used the ~/oprint/bin/octoprint serve --safe and it gave the following result.

Edit 2: I now added sudo to the command and I think its in safe mode now. But I don't know how to uninstall PSU Control (what I think is causing the issue as it was working fine before).

No, you tried starting it under the super user, which created a new config file for you, and the actual install didn't start because something was amiss with the config file ("invalid YAML"). It then refused to startup as well because you are not supposed to run OctoPrint as super user.

Please don't just blindly throw sudo in front of commands to try to make them work, unless the error is actually about permissions and it's OK to complain about permissions (read: understand the error before trying to solve it by throwing super user rights at a program that shouldn't need them).

Was installing PSU Control the only thing you did or did you by chance also try to manually edit config.yaml for anything?

I didn't edit the config.yaml and the only thing I did today before it stopped working was connecting the relay and installing the PSU Control. I'm currently writing a new octopi imager and I'm gonna run that on my Pi later. I edited the sudoers file which didn't let me do anything anymore.
I will have to install all plugins again (so PSU too) and the error might occur again. So I still need to know how to see the logs and correctly do the safe mode.

Your first attempt at starting safe mode was correct, it's just that starting even in safe mode doesn't work with a corrupt config (which is my only guess as to what happened here right now, normally installing plugins doesn't nuke configs).

As to how to access logs, if you click on the link this word turns into you'll get info on how to do that as well.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.