octopi won't boot

What is the problem?

octopi worked fine a week ago and then crashed but haven't booted since

What did you already try to solve it?

tried a new sd card new power cord new image

Have you tried running in safe mode?

yes

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

no

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

worked fine for 6 months before this shows HDMI

image from pi

Looks like the image on the new sd card is also corrupted.
Which card are you using and how did you flash the image?

I tried both an 8 GB and 32 GB micro sd card that had both worked before the 32 GB is SanDisk
I have flashed them with the raspberry pi imager and tried balena etcher tried octopi stable and tried octopi nightlies

hm
the sd card was detected so I assume something went wrong between the flashing of the image and the power up of the pi.

Did windows ask you to format the sd card after you flashed the image?

I did it on mac (don't have a windows laptop) but it didn't ask me to format it after flashing.

maybe I need a new bootloader?

That happened to me earlier today. I had to reflags the sd card using the raspberry pi boot loader make sure to hit the Settings button, fill out your Wi-Fi information, and it worked for me after that.

You could try to flash a new one.
Do you know how or do you need a quick guide?

I'm not sure how to flash a new bootloader. i am relatively new to octoprint

You may look here:

1 Like

got the plain green screen and steady light! but it won't boot at all now. it won't even boot to the screen shown in the picture above unless there is no sd card. it looks like it is trying to boot but is unable to.

I got an error message when flashing the bootloader. it said something like (unable to eject sdcard) I think

This goes deep into the Raspberry Pi stuff.

The people here may know more:

https://forums.raspberrypi.com/

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.