Octoprint 1.5 throws a 404 in prusaslicer

Slicer (name, version, operating system) Prusaslicer 2.2.0+/Mac OS

What is the problem? After the 1.5 upgrade prusaslicer throws a 404 when attempting to upload from the slicer to octoprint directly

What did you already try to solve it? I reapplied the API key (didn't know it if changed with the upgrade). I checked network connectivity (obviously I can get to it to get the API key in the browser)

Logs (octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab, ... no logs, no support):
Error uploading to print host:
Could not connect to OctoPrint: HTTP 404:

404 Not Found

Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server.

**Note: OctoPrint version at least 1.1.0 is required.**

Example GCODE file

browser.user_agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_6) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/14.0.1 Safari/605.1.15
connectivity.connection_check: 8.8.8.8:53
connectivity.connection_ok: true
connectivity.enabled: true
connectivity.online: true
connectivity.resolution_check: octoprint.org
connectivity.resolution_ok: true
env.hardware.cores: 4
env.hardware.freq: 1500
env.hardware.ram: 1904005120
env.os.bits: 32
env.os.id: linux
env.os.platform: linux2
env.plugins.pi_support.model: Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.1
env.plugins.pi_support.octopi_version: 0.17.0
env.plugins.pi_support.throttle_state: 0x0
env.python.pip: 19.1.1
env.python.version: 2.7.16
env.python.virtualenv: true
octoprint.safe_mode: false
octoprint.version: 1.5.0
printer.firmware: Prusa-Firmware 3.9.0 based on Marlin

I see you already reported that to the prusaslicer people (was about to recommend that :wink: )
I guess it would be the best to wait for their answer.

are you using the ip address? I just tested in SuperSlicer (fork of PrusaSlicer) and OctoPrint 1.5.0 and it's able to connect.

1 Like

Odd. I'm on the same version of PrusaSlicer (2.2.0) but on Win10. I didn't think to check if my API key changed and my PrusaSlicer can communicate to my Octoprint (same version as yours, also running on an RPi 4). As you can see on my screenshot, I'm also using the IP address of my printer instead of the octopi.local hostname.
2020-12-02 00_31_55-PrusaSlicer-2.2.0 based on Slic3r
I also checked by sending a gcode to my printer and that also worked on my setup.

For an extra point here, it works just fine for me too. Windows 10, Prusa Slicer.

That means that PrusaSlicer can't reach the Pi at all.
You may compare the IP address in PrusSlicer and of the Pi.

Hey,

It might be related to this: https://community.octoprint.org/t/cannot-connect-with-local-name-only-with-ip-address-after-1-5-0-update/26907

I had the same problem with PrusaSlicer and 1.5. In my case it's because the domain name resolves to 127.0.0.1

@jneilliii did you manage to build SuperSlic3r ? Thanks.

No, just download their release.

Ah, forgot to mention, I plan to use it on a non-Desktop SBC, so the pre-compiled release won't work, I understand ?!

SuperSlicer release is not available for aarch64 architecture after all.