Octoprint 1.6.1 Ender 3 Possible Thermal Runaway Detected

What is the problem?

After a recent update ( not sure which, I 3D print intermittently ), every time I print now in the past two weeks, I get an alert on my watch " Possible Thermal Runaway Detected " when I issue a print command and the printer has warmed up to 205 C nozzle, 65 C bed temperature.

Hoping to tweak this, so that alerts would be issued for maybe 220C & 70C.
Or?

What did you already try to solve it?

Looked for settings.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

No

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

N/A

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

browser.user_agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/92.0.4515.159 Safari/537.36
connectivity.connection_check: 1.1.1.1:53
connectivity.connection_ok: true
connectivity.enabled: true
connectivity.online: true
connectivity.resolution_check: octoprint.org
connectivity.resolution_ok: true
env.hardware.cores: 4
env.hardware.freq: 1200
env.hardware.ram: 915718144
env.os.bits: 32
env.os.id: linux
env.os.platform: linux2
env.plugins.pi_support.model: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2
env.plugins.pi_support.octopi_version: 0.17.0
env.plugins.pi_support.throttle_state: 0x0
env.python.pip: 19.3.1
env.python.version: 2.7.16
env.python.virtualenv: true
octoprint.safe_mode: false
octoprint.version: 1.6.1
printer.firmware: Marlin V1; Sprinter/grbl mashup for gen6
systeminfo.generator: systemapi

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

Mac Mini with Mac OS X
Raspberry Pi 3B
Creality Ender 3
TinkerCad + Ultimaker Cura
iOS app

Presumably you have the thermal runaway plugin installed, or some other plugin providing this alert. Could you upload the systeminfo bundle (not the list, the zip file) so we can see what plugins are installed & what they might be doing?

I've noticed this as well. It's the Octopod plugin doing it. I'm using a CR6SE and it happens when homing the printhead. During the Z-axis homing step the nozzle temp is set to zero when doing the Auto Bed Level calibration and Octopod sees the difference between the set nozzle temp during the ABL step and the actual temp of the pre-warmed nozzle as a possible thermal runaway.

Thanks for the responses.

I only have 4 plugins, including OctoPod, which I think I installed in the spring.
I do not have any upgrades or mods on my Ender 3 as far as auto bed leveling, etc.

Here's the ZIP file:

[octoprint-systeminfo-20211008081915.zip|attachment]

(upload://gCOhtd9q2s8TR4ZDPRZ99g4kHvy.zip) (37.2 KB)

octoprint-systeminfo-20211008081915.zip (37.2 KB)

OctoPod is throwing out that warning:

2021-10-07 15:45:16,893 - octoprint.plugins.octopod - WARNING - Possible thermal runaway detected for tool0. Actual 169.7 and Target 220.0

You may check the settings of OctoPod

Yes, thank you.

There did not appear to be a setting right-away, that I could see, but will reach out to them.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.