Octoprint 1.6.1 on Windows 10 - Issue with multiple printers

What is the problem?

I have been running octoprint on Windows 10 for about a year now with my CR10 mini and using yawcam with no issues at all. I recently bought a cr10 v3 and created another instance of octoprint on a different port. Then I created a new profile in octoprint and changed the title under "Appearance" for the new printer. I restart both sessions then connect my printers - For some reason both printers end up showing the same title then defaulting back to the original webcam setup with my mini. The connection settings show that I am connecting to the correct printers and I can move both independently. However this issue makes it very confusing for me as I cannot get them both setup as desired and I cant use separate API keys either...once I generate a new one it becomes active for both profiles. I'm guessing most folks don't use octoprint on windows 10 but I have old computers with windows 10 that are so much faster than a pi so really want to get this resolved.

What did you already try to solve it?

deleted the new printer and added back as new many times.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

no

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

no

Systeminfo Bundle

browser.user_agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/91.0.4472.124 Safari/537.36
connectivity.connection_check: 1.1.1.1:53
connectivity.connection_ok: true
connectivity.enabled: true
connectivity.online: true
connectivity.resolution_check: octoprint.org
connectivity.resolution_ok: true
env.hardware.cores: 8
env.hardware.freq: 2808
env.hardware.ram: 17058377728
env.os.bits: 32
env.os.id: windows
env.os.platform: win32
env.python.pip: 20.2.2
env.python.version: 2.7.14
env.python.virtualenv: true
octoprint.safe_mode: false
octoprint.version: 1.6.1
systeminfo.generator: systemapi

Additional information about your setup

Octoprint 1.6.1

In addition to a different port, you also need to specify a separate --basedir, which is where the configuration files and data are stored. Otherwise, both instances will share the same configuration, which is what you are seeing.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. Would you happen to have some instructions handy regarding how to achieve this?

Wherever you are running the octoprint serve command, you'll have to change it to be octoprint serve --basedir /path/to/different/basedir and the other to use a different place in the filesystem.

Run octoprint --help to see all available options.