OctoPrint and RaspberryPi Desktop

Hi all,
I am new to the Raspberry Pi world so please bear with me. I have a Raspberry Pi 4B connected to an Ender V3 Max via OctoPrint. I found the post on this site explaining how to get the Raspberry Pi desktop installed with OctoPrint. At the end of the installation, it prompts as to whether I want the Desktop to auto load. I said no since I would mainly be using the Octoprint interface.

My question is, now that the desktop is loaded on the RPi, how do i access the desktop?

Thanks

WRITE HERE

What did you already try to solve it?

WRITE HERE

Have you tried running in safe mode?

WRITE HERE

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

WRITE HERE

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

WRITE HERE

I believe the simple answer is startx.

This link is probably more information than you need: https://forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic.php?t=294014

FWIW, I said yes to auto start and did an sudo apt install xrdp which allows me to use Windows Remote Desktop to connect since I don't always have a monitor, keyboard, and mouse attached to my RPi.

B-Morgan,
Thanks for the reply. I have read the link and that is definitely helpful. Actually though, what you said about no Monitor and keyboard and using XRDP is exactly what I'm trying to do. Since this is a new setup for me, I think I'll start over and go the route you described.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.