Octoprint Backup & Restore

What is the problem?

There isn't a problem other than I would like to be able to backup my gcode files with the proper time stamps and the metadata surrounding Octoprint using the file, ie last print and print time. The last time I had to reformat the Octopi card and when I copied my gcode back, the file dates changed to the date of the copy and the details around print history was lost.

I would like to know if the new Backup and Restore backs up gcode files and if not, how is it recommended to backup the gcode files so dates and metadata are preserved.

What did you already try to solve it?

I don't know how to address this issue.Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab, ...)

I just updated to 1.3.10.

The underlying python zipfile .write() doesn't seem to support the preservation of timestamps (like you might have in zip -j).

You might consider throwing your gcode to a public (or private) repository and using my own GitFiles plugin to pull them down. It's good for managing revisions.

Yes it does (unless you tell it not to). It also backs up the metadata.yaml file and should also persist the on disk metadata.