Octoprint bed heating kill called

What is the problem?
Trying to print on my CR10v2 and SKR 1.4 Turbo. I have the bed temp set at 60, but it heats up to 50 and just stays there. Eventually I get this error: "Your printer's firmware reported an error. Due to that OctoPrint will disconnect. Reported error: Heating failed, system stopped! Heater_ID: bed - Printer halted. kill() called!"

What did you already try to solve it?
I did a pid autotune and set the results Marlin and saved with an M500. I was able to start two prints...they failed but not because of the bed heating. Next time I tried a print, I got the error again.
These are essentially brand new heaters and thermistors. Thermistor connections are solid on both ends.

Logs
serial (1).log (61.4 KB)
octoprint (5).log (22.0 KB)

Additional information about your setup
OctoPi .17, OctoPrint 1.4, Raspberry Pi 3 B+, Creality CR-10 V2, SKR 1.4 Turbo with TMC 2208 drivers and a TFT35 v3 touch screen.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Pat

Since this:

2020-06-11 11:40:28,007 - Recv:  T:22.19 /0.00 B:50.00 /60.00 @:0 B@:55 W:?

printer reports 50Β°C for the bed (and a bit more, but not much) for almost 45 seconds.
In this case the thermal runaway protection hits.

Either in the firmware a wrong thermistor is set up, or - more the case - the thermistor got lose from the bed. You may check the later one first.

But now you know: Thermal runaway protection works fine!

Thanks Ewald! I'm assuming the therm is in the middle of the bed. I reached under and pressed down. There is a thermal blanket stuck to the bottom of the bed, so it seems odd that the therm would come loose but I'll try anything now. Trying a print now...

Crashed again! I have both Thermistors set as "1" in Marlin, which is all I've ever seen in stock creality machines I'm going to try and install a fresh therm and see what happens! Thanks again, Pat

So I replaced the existing bed thermistor with a brand new one. Same thing happened. Here are the two log files pulled right after the error.

serial (3).log (443.9 KB)
octoprint (8).log (71.1 KB)

Here is my latest Configuration.h file:
Configuration.h.zip (27.6 KB)

Thanks again,

Pat

I checked the connections mains to board and bed to board and they were both stout connections. Quit again at 55 degrees.

The interesting thing is, that the heatings stops almost exactly 10 degrees below the aimed temperature.
This seems to be a marlin issue. Did you already put this one to a marlin forum?

No....but I am right now! I'll let you know what they say!

Thanks,
Pat

1 Like