when I press "print" on a compatible file, absolutely nothing happens
- changed the firmware (asked Elegoo to send over an octoprint compatible set, please see my other post)
- various debugging procedures such as :
- trying files that I knew would fail (interestingly those have a different outcome, see logs. "_20x20x20.pw0" was a file I knew would fail and you can see in the log that it does throw an error message)
- printing the target file directly from USB (works perfectly)
- checking that I can manipulate the z axis from octopi (I can, and it always feels so cool lol)
- searching for every single suspicious thing online (disk init fail searched, searched the warning about null byte characters, searched about the odd outputs of M110 checkSum error, M21 disk, checked the github, this forum, everywhere!)
- used chitubox basic and chitubox pro of multiple versions to slice example files and send them over. these files all print fine on the printer when direct printing from usb stick, but do not send over octoprint
- opened up my USBA <> USBA cable to make sure there are data lines and shielding. all are present. Tape is affixed over the 5V pin.
- checked the motherboard for observable issues
my guess is it is something about the communication of the file. out of my depth here, but I think because I get so many Disk Init errors, there may be something about how the pi sends / printer receives data that is in disagreement. but I have been working on this for just over a week and haven't come up with an answer! seems like people may be having similar problems as there are some related topics in the issues section of the octoprint-chituboard github that remain unresolved.
not applicable I think because safe mode would disable the chituboard plugin (right?)
You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)
OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible
sandisk SD card
Octopi / octoprint 1.8.1 (latest)
mars 3 firmware as linked in my first post
browser is google chrome
octoprint-logs.zip (58.0 KB)
Thank you in advance for your help! I appreciate it!