Octoprint doesn't start anymore

What is the problem?
Octoprint doesn't start anymore, last week all worded great. If I go on its IP i see the message: "The octoprint server is currently not running.

What did you already try to solve it?
I can ping the raspberry ip but if try to access using putty i receive the error "Network error: Software caused connection abort".

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab, ...)
I use a raspberry pi 3 B + with octopi, on my PC I have windows.
This is the log file octoprint.log (8 KB)

What can I do?

I see:

(a) two startup errors:

2019-01-22 13:51:26,962 - octoprint.environment - ERROR - Unexpected error while detecting environment
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/environment.py", line 46, in run_detection
    plugin_result = self._detect_from_plugins()
  File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/environment.py", line 123, in _detect_from_plugins
    "environment data from plugin {}".format(implementation._identifier))
AttributeError: 'PiSupportPlugin' object has no attribute '_identifier'
2019-01-22 13:51:26,964 - octoprint.environment - ERROR - Error logging detected environment
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/environment.py", line 136, in log_detected_environment
    _log(self._format())
  File "/home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint/environment.py", line 151, in _format
    return u"Detected environment is Python {} under {} ({}). Details:\n{}".format(environment["python"]["version"],
KeyError: 'python'

(b) the octoprint log ends with a bunch of junk characters. Is it how you transferred the file?

(c) the ssh error is unrelated. I don't know why you are getting that, but if you can see "the octoprint server is not running" in the web browser, you clearly have a functioning Pi.

What have you changed?

@ixol: Have you switched the raspberry pi off? And when yes, with the shutdown command of just plugged off?

Until last week I never switched off octoprint or raspberry, then I decided to switch off so i shut down with the command of the telegram bot (i use a plugin to use it remotely), then my sister turn off the printer plugging off.

I saw the log with notepad++ accessing the ext4 partition of the sd using ext2Fsd and there were the junk characters before I uploaded the file here.

I changed nothing, maybe some sd card corruption?
I have setted many plugins and I don't like do it again if possible... Is there another solution instead of install again octoprint? Could be some router setting (other people manage it)?

A corrupted SD card could be the issue.
I also use the Telegram plugin, but I've never seen a shutdown command.

It's under /sys command of the telegram bot.

Is there a way to repair the sd or something like a backup? I wouldn't install and set all the plugins...

If you're good with gparted running on a Linux workstation, you could attempt to repair the second partition on the microSD... but it might be best to start over from scratch and to remember that a good backup is your friend.

1 Like

Thank you for that hint.
Concerning your problem, I agree to @OutsourcedGuru.