Octoprint failed to start dphys-swapfile .service

What is the problem

sever wont start cant connect to istance pi wont connect to printer but laptop will pi crashed mid print print stopped printing and heaters stayed on with motors disabled was in a hot inviroment

What did you already try to solve it

tryed ethernet cable restarts left it all night

Have you tried running in safe mode

cant acess web ui

Did running in safe mode solve the problem

n/a cant acces sever page but i can connect to ssh

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!) pi 3b+ octoscreen pi 7 inch screen
WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

updated to latest and had a problem since thgat worked perfect for a while abit rusty with my code writing skills

Without the details requested in the template (WRITE HERE, etc.), there is little we can do to help. The blue text strings are links to additional instructions on how to provide the necessary information.

how do i get you this information im ssh into my pi

how do i get this ~/.octoprint/logs/octoprint.log though ssh i cant acces my server though the ip adress but i can ssh into my pi dont understand why but its better than nothing i guess updated yesterday mid way though print stopped printing

running octoscreen

Since you can SSH into the RPi (please provide details like which model, which OS, etc.) you can use scp to copy files. Give us details on the system you are connecting from and we can provide you with additional instructions.

Assuming that you are connecting from a Windows 10 or 11 system, I suggest that you install WinSCP. This will provide a nice GUI interface to navigate to the file(s) on the RPi and you can then download them to your Windows system and upload them here.

its a 3b or + i cant remeber set it up about 3 years ago

running windows 10 ras pi 3 octoscreen i have that installed just need to kmow tthe commands i need to get the info we need thankyou so much buddy

cat /proc/cpuinfo will tell you exactly what model you have (last line of the output).

I hope you understand that the more details you give us increases the quality of the assistance we can provide you. There is no such thing as too much information.

BTW: Use of punctation and capital letters make the reading way more easy. :wink:

1 Like

ITS A PI 3B+ im into it on the program thats a amazing softwear by the way thanks

is there a way i can put it back on the previous version what should i do now

pi@octopi:~ ~/oprint/bin/pip install --force-reinstall OctoPrint==1.9.1 --no-cache-dir ERROR: Exception: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pip/_internal/cli/base_command.py", line 224, in _main status = self.run(options, args) File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pip/_internal/cli/req_command.py", line 180, in wrapper return func(self, options, args) File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pip/_internal/commands/install.py", line 280, in run wheel_cache = WheelCache(options.cache_dir, options.format_control) File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pip/_internal/cache.py", line 293, in __init__ self._ephem_cache = EphemWheelCache(format_control) File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pip/_internal/cache.py", line 262, in __init__ globally_managed=True, File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pip/_internal/utils/temp_dir.py", line 141, in __init__ path = self._create(kind) File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pip/_internal/utils/temp_dir.py", line 189, in _create tempfile.mkdtemp(prefix="pip-{}-".format(kind)) File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.7/tempfile.py", line 495, in mkdtemp prefix, suffix, dir, output_type = _sanitize_params(prefix, suffix, dir) File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.7/tempfile.py", line 265, in _sanitize_params dir = gettempdir() File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.7/tempfile.py", line 433, in gettempdir tempdir = _get_default_tempdir() File "/home/pi/oprint/lib/python3.7/tempfile.py", line 368, in _get_default_tempdir dirlist) FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No usable temporary directory found in ['/tmp', '/var/tmp', '/usr/tmp', '/home/pi'] WARNING: You are using pip version 20.3.3; however, version 23.1.2 is available. You should consider upgrading via the '/home/pi/oprint/bin/python3 -m pip install --upgrade pip' command. pi@octopi:~

$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
model name : ARMv7 Processor rev 4 (v7l)
BogoMIPS : 57.60
Features : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva idivt vfpd32 lpae evtstrm crc32
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant : 0x0
CPU part : 0xd03
CPU revision : 4

processor : 1
Features : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4 idiva idivt vfpd32 lpae evtstrm crc32

processor : 2

processor : 3

Hardware : BCM2835
Revision : a020d3
Serial : 0000000077dc327f
Model : Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3
pi@octopi:~ $

@James_Addisonn, I'm done with trying to help you.

The title of this topic says "OctoPrint failed to start" but after numerous replies you have still failed to provide any information that would be useful to us helping you solve the problem. Yes, we now know you have a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3. We know that you can SSH into this RPi from some unknown system even though we asked you to identify it. We still haven't seen the octoprint.log file.

Hopefully someone with more patience that I have will take over.

bro im on windows 10 ive wiped it trying to work out how to get this octoscreen back on had a crash mjust of mest up spme daym important files on my sd just glad i didnt have to get a new one can use my priter again i tryed keeping my octoscreen but it didnt work and i couldnt get into logs or anything bud or get you system info all is well thankyou got other issues now

told ye here bud got octoscreen working just need to find command to make it come in on every time it boots and need to flip my screen 180 and jobs a good en was a old version used to crash all the time on the octodash so shuld be loads bettter when i get these last bits sorted

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.