Octoprint has stopped working. Site unreachable

The I.T. guy at the 3D printer manufacturer didn't program their server correctly and it was shorting the DHCP leases. (And the ferrets collectively wept for the confused printers.)

Thanks Gina
I'll give that a try when I get home tonight.
Michael B.

Hi Gina
Tried that. No luck. Pip thinks that octoprint-filament is not installed. Octoprint thinks it is.
Michael B

Are you using the correct pip? If you followed the installation guide it should be /path/to/OctoPrint/venv/bin/pip, not just pip.

It could also be that the plugin doesn't register itself as OctoPrint-Filament but some other name, to figure that out, this might work:

/path/to/OctoPrint/venv/bin/pip freeze | grep -i filament

What's the exact output you get when you try to uninstall the plugin through OctoPrint?

Hi Gina

Yes, that is the pip I used: /home/knoppix/OctoPrint/venv/bin/pip

/home/knoppix/OctoPrint/venv/bin/pip freeze | grep -i filament
I tried that too. It came back with nothing. Which makes sense as pip thinks its not installed.

The Start up log is still showing that octoprint_filament is a problem plugin.

It appears to me that the plugin's install failed and the plugin is Installed, yet not installed.
So not a broken plugin, so much as a "broken plugin install".

I may have to remove the plugin manually? If that is even possible? Please advise?
Michael B.

According to your log, ~knoppix/OctoPrint/venv/bin/pip uninstall octoprint_filament should work. If it doesn't, I have no idea. You have a completely non standard setup thanks to it being based on a Live CD distro and I honestly lack the time to deep dive into that and try to figure out what's up there, sorry.

That's okay Gina.
Your help has been greatly appreciated.
I'll see if I can figure out how to back out the plugin manually.
Thanks again

Hi Gina
Plugin Octoprint_Filament has now been uninstalled.
I went into folder: /home/knoppix/octoprint/venv/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/
and moved folder "octoprint_filament" to a temporary folder.
I then went into folder: /home/knoppix/.octoprint/data
and moved executable "octoprintfilamant" to my temporary folder.
That appeared to have a beneficial effect on the OctoPrint startup log.
So I went into OctoPrint, called up the Plugin manager and deleted the plugin.
Bingo! The plugin octoprint_filament uninstalled.
Took a while to figure out, but it worked.
I used the temporary folder just in case I got it wrong and had to replace everything.
Michael B
And the Ferrets weasel war danced with glee!

Pix or it didn't happen.

Hi OutsourcedGuru
Have you ever tried to photograph a ferret? They simply don't sit still for anything.
The only photos of my 3 are all blurry images of ferrets in motion.
The only exception would be Ragnar,when I take him for a walk and he's sitting on my shoulder.
Michael B.

You mean... like my avatar?

Are you saying that's a ferret on your head, and not your hair?

Hi OutsourcedGuru
I had not noticed your avatar before. Yes kind of like that, very Ferret like.
MB

I am the ferret. (GooΒ³ joob)

LOL Hopefully no one will need to ask for an explanation of the reference :wink: