Octoprint is not connecting to Printer

What is the problem?

I am unable to connect my Raspberry Pi to my Ender 3. I was able to a couple years ago but since then, I just started using it again and did a fresh install of Octopi.

What did you already try to solve it?

• Connected my 5V/2.5A PSU to the machine
  • Different micro-usb cables
  • Putting the female inside different ports of the Pi
    The Creality X2 Temperature Fix plugin
    The GPX plugin
    Putting Octopi in Safemode
    Restarting Octopi
    Disabling Low Latency for the Serial Connection
    Turning on my printer

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Yes

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

No

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)
octoprint-systeminfo-20240208103909.zip (77.0 KB)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version:1.9.3, OctoPi version: Build 2023.10.09.151442, based on OctoPi 1.0.0, running on Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3, printer: Ender 3 Pro, Silent Board Upgrade, firmware: See Below, browser: Brave, operating system: Windows 10, ... as much data as possible
The firmware I believe is Marlin but I do not remember, I did have it working back in 2021 however so I know my firmware works with Octopi.

Hello @dragnorian !

How many? There are a lot of charging cables around that do not transfer data. From outside, they look exactly like data cables.

This has nothing to do with the USB connection.

This does not work with Creality printers - it can make it worse.

Always a good idea. Without power to the printer you can't even print.

For this is a Creality printer, you may try this:

Hi, the new one I tried I can't confirm if it is or not data-transferring but I think it is pretty new. I tried my old micro-USB again to see but no difference. The old micro-USB has worked in the past for me. I tried checking the continuity of 3 different USB cables(including a USB C) and could not get it between the two middle terminals of the USB. I figured the Temperature Fix plugin had nothing to do with it but I was following this website: 13 Ways How to Fix Ender 3 That Won't Connect. I tried the 5V covering but no cigar there.

You may try to connect to a PC running pronterface.

Hi, I did. I was not able to connect as I kept getting this error:

Connecting...
Can't write to printer (disconnected ?):
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "printrun\printcore.py", line 747, in _send
File "serial\serialwin32.py", line 325, in write
serial.serialutil.SerialTimeoutException: Write timeout

Can't read from printer (disconnected?) (SerialException): GetOverlappedResult failed (PermissionError(13, 'Access is denied.', None, 5))
File "serial\serialwin32.py", line 317, in write
serial.serialutil.SerialException: WriteFile failed (PermissionError(13, 'Access is denied.', None, 5))

Can't read from printer (disconnected?) (SerialException): ClearCommError failed (PermissionError(13, 'Access is denied.', None, 5))
serial.serialutil.SerialException: WriteFile failed (PermissionError(13, 'Access is denied.', None, 5))

Can't read from printer (disconnected?) (SerialException): ClearCommError failed (PermissionError(13, 'Access is denied.', None, 5))

Aborting connection attempt after 4 failed writes.

I looked into device manager however and saw that COM5(The one connected to my printer) was labeled as "USB-SERIAL CH340". Pronterface should have been the only thing on the computer trying to use COM5 too as I made sure in taskmanager in both services and applications that Arduino was closed. Sometimes it will just sit on connecting without any change.

I decided to try and reload the firmware onto the arduino board. I have the ATMega2560 selected (I have the creality 4.2.7 silent board) and selected COM6 since that is the one the printer is connected to, none of the programmers would upload the file saying

avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer
An error occurred while uploading the sketch

I am not sure what else to do besides buy a new board. I know the cable is fine for data-transferring as it is the same cable I have used in the past for the exact same thing and it's worked. Any further suggestions?