Octoprint is not updating

Hey there,

After 2 weeks I managed to install Octoprint on my Mac Mini 2.1. via snp on Debian 12. But upgrading from version 1.4 to 1.9 doesn't work.

It says updated then I restarted but it's still the old version

Here you see that is not updated :frowning:

wow nice there some more trouble on the fu.... Mac Mini with Debian 12

more than likely because snap installs aren't by the core OctoPrint team. instead of installing that way I'd consider trying the octoprint_deploy script if you didn't already.

Yeah the snap installs are known to be broken - don't know who created & published it.

This was working and after reboot its not working too......

I'm confused as to why you've linked that guide - is that what you followed to install it? Or is it a different attempt to update OctoPrint?

It was created in July 2023 - OctoPrint 1.9.2 was out then, and the guide has you installing the latest version, not 1.4.0, which is why I am confused.

One other major reason (if it was not installed with snap) OctoPrint 1.4.0 won't update is because it was being run on Python 2, not Python 3, and that is what you need for the latest versions.

With no logs available, there is no way of anyone to say why it is not working. Even if you can't get a systeminfo bundle on OctoPrint 1.4.0, you can still get an octoprint.log and other associated files individually.

If you are reinstalling OctoPrint, the recommended ways of doing so are all on OctoPrint.org - Download & Setup OctoPrint - mentioned above was octoprint_deploy - we can't guarantee that some random person's gist will work as well.

1 Like

You are better off doing a backup from your old version, save the backup, blow away your current install and install 1.9.2 from scratch with the octoprint deploy script after installing Python3, then restore the backup when it asks on first use.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.