Octoprint keeps telling my login and password are wrong even though I know it's right!

Login screen says my login is wrong on my mobile device even though I'm positive it's right.

WRITE HERE

What did you already try to solve it?

Followed the password reset instructions on Octoprint's website.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

No

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

N/A

Complete Logs

octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support! Not log excerpts, complete logs.)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

I figured it out. Hopefully this will help some body. Hell it's probably common knowledge and I should be ashamed of myself for not figuring it out sooner.

Anyway after trying to log in on several different mobile devices and being told my login or password were wrong I noticed that it always tries to capitalize the first letter of my login. So yeah you guessed it. Login is case sensitive. So after using the lowercase version it worked like magic.

I like an issue that solves itself :slightly_smiling_face:

That said, the username field could have the auto-capitalization turned off, that might help. Will think about it