Octoprint - non responsive during printing

What is the problem?
Recently my octoprint server becomes non-responsive during prints. Historically, Octoprint has been rock-solid and the interface very responsive during prints. However, recently it's behavior has changed. Initially it is responsive, as a print progresses (>1 hour) octoprint becomes non-responsive. Same behavior when running Octoprint in safe mode. Once the print is complete, Octoprint becomes responsive again.

What did you already try to solve it?

• I've tried running octoprint in safe mode - no effect.
  • I can easily ssh into the system (Pi 3b+). Running the "top" command shows the system isn't under significant load, or even a marginal load for that matter. Octoprint is the only app running on the pi.

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible)

• OctoPrint version : 1.3.12
  • Printer: Prusa MK3 (stock), Firmware version 3.7.1-2266
  • Browsers: Chrome (auto-updated), Safari 13.0.4
  • Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3
  • Hard wired network and wireless both have same behavior

Logs (octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support!)
octoprint.log (5.3 KB)

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible)octoprint.log.2020-01-19.log (86.5 KB)

ValueError: Command not found: /usr/bin/avconv

Turn off timelapse for now; it has a problem of some kind.

octoprint.util.comm - INFO - Changing monitoring state from "Operational" to "Offline (Error: Too many consecutive timeouts, printer still connected and alive?)"

Sounds like the printer board itself stopped answering to OctoPrint.

1 Like

Thanks - Timelapse was turned off (I thought). I'll try turning off time-lapse and run another print.

Confirmed - timelapse was the culprit. It kept turning back on. Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

Okay, so now you might want to troubleshoot the timelapse feature. avconv comes installed by default for the OctoPi-imaged installation. You might want to consider getting another microSD and trying another install on that from there.