OctoPrint only starts up in safe mode?

What is the problem?
When I boot up OctoPrint, a popup comes up to notify me that safe mode is active because of a "problem during the last startup"

I recently installed the Prusa MeshMap, but the OctoPrint was working just fine when I used it last time.

What did you already try to solve it?
Restarting OctoPrint, shutting down the system, trying different browsers, unplugging the camera from my RP, .

Logs (octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab, ...)
octoprint.log (141.6 KB)

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, ...)

OctoPrint 1.3.11 running on OctoPi 0.15.1
Prusa i3 MK3S firmware 3.7.1

I can log in just fine, but for some reason it is only starting up in safe mode.
I would think to uninstall the latest plugin I installed, meshmap, but it was running just fine after the install yesterday.

List of your plugins:

| !Filament Sensor Reloaded (1.0.1) = /home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_filamentreload
| !MultipleUpload Plugin (1.0.0) = /home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_MultipleUpload
| !Octolapse (0.3.4) = /home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_octolapse
| !PrintTimeGenius Plugin (1.3.1) = /home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_PrintTimeGenius
| !Prusa Mesh Leveling (0.3.0) = /home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_PrusaMeshMap
| !Pushbullet (0.1.9) = /home/pi/oprint/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/octoprint_octobullet

You might try going into Plugin Manager and disabling the Prusa MeshMap plugin that was just installed and then attempt to restart OctoPrint in standard mode. If it's happy then this suggests that it's the new plugin you just installed.

Another tactic is to read the octoprint.log and to look for clues. I'm seeing a lot of this...

octoprint.plugins.pluginmanager - INFO - Looks like we are offline, ...

...as combined with a plugin like Pushbullet which presumably is cloud-based. I couldn't tell you whether or not that plugin behaves when your Internet connectivity is down.

Thanks! I'll give that a go. I did see that a few websites did go down yesterday. I restarted today and it booted up just fine. I think I might just uninstall the pushbullet plugin. That sounds like the most likely culprit.

Just make sure that you either look for or open a new Issue on the plugin author's repository. Their plugin shouldn't crash OctoPrint if your network connection is down.

1 Like

Same problem here

Same issue but restarted the server an it was OK, allowing stl uploads, and other plugin's