Octoprint process the x3g file but no print

What is the problem?

Hi, I am a beginner and new to Octoprint. I have a FlashForge Creator Pro. I installed Octoprint and Manually I can send commands to the printer and the webcam works properly. Now, When I upload and print a x3g file (generated by FlashPrint), Octoprint processes it very fast (few seconds) but nothing happens: No print. Has anyone had the same issue and know how to solve it?

What did you already try to solve it?

WRITE HERE

Have you tried running in safe mode?

WRITE HERE

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

WRITE HERE

Complete Logs

octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support! Not log excerpts, complete logs.)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

WRITE HERE

FFCP requires GPX plugin:

Thank you for answering. As I said I am a beginner. Actually I meant x3g file (generetaed by Flashprint)

If I recall correctly (it has been a while) with the GPX plugin you give it gcode (not x3g) and it coverts on the fly. Does flashprint give you the option of outputting gcode?

No. And by the way I also installed GPX plugin

Then you'll probably want to look into using a different slicer.

OK, thanks but before going to another slicer and learn how to use it, I would like to see if some settings is just wrong. Thanks anyway

Looks like at least at some point it was possible to export as gcode from FlashPrint: How to create a Gcode - Flashforge Printer Manual – Level Up Village Support

No way, it only allows x3g saving

did you actually try the instructions in the link?

Hello, I actually followed the instructions reported in the link, step by step. Actually I wrote an email to FlashForge team for support and they replied that FFCP cannot work with octoprint, the USB does not accept anything else than reset of motherboard through FlashPrint and the only way to print is via SD card :exploding_head:

That sounds like the "party line" answer. FlashForge printers speak x3g. They do not natively speak GCode.

FlashPrint slices .stl files into x3g. It does not normally output GCode (see @paukstelis response for a possible exception/solution)

OctoPrint is designed around sending GCode to a 3D printer. It does not natively speak x3g. However, Dr. Henry Thomas has developed an OctoPrint plugin that converts GCode into x3g "on-the-fly" so that it can be send to a FlashForge printer connected via USB (which, according to FlashForge, is unsupported).

If you want to use FlashPrint as your slicer, then you have to use an SD card to store the x3g output and sneaker net that SD card to your printer.

If you would like to use OctoPrint and the GPX plugin, then you will need to select a slicer that outputs GCode like Ultimaker Cura, PrusaSlicer, or one of many other options available.

There doesn't appear to be an x3g to GCode converter so that option isn't available.

Thanks for that. What I still do not understand is how Octoprint can send flow of data (with GPX which convert gcode in x3d on the fly) to usb port if this is not able to receive data other than for a reset of motherboard (as FF team states) through flashprint.

Because the FF team is telling you what they support, not always the same as what works.

Got it. Thanks again for your advice :+1:

Just wanted to tell you that you were just ... right! At the end I learned the basics of Cura and it works! Still some small issues (maybe because of the not perfect configuration) but it works! Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face: