Octoprint server crashes during print - 503 service unavailable

What is the problem?

This happened both on an older octopi 1.7 version and then again after updating everything to the very latest. The hardware is unchanged from a year ago when I last printed and everything was solid.

Not during a print it looks like the octoprint server crashes. Not the pi itself. I can still ssh into it but the webserver has crashed and consequently the print fails. Accessing the octoprint website shows the following error:

503 Service Unavailable

No server is available to handle this request.

Confirmed the octoprint daemon is no longer running.

Where can I start looking for logs or troubleshoot this? (answered)

What did you already try to solve it?

I have checked the octopring.log and serial.log but don't see anything obvious. The octoprint.log file indicated communication is lost with the printer, but I think the webserver must have crashed first? There's nothing that looks odd to me in the serial.log file, it just ends. I've attached both files below along with the systeminfo bundle that I accessed after restarting octoprint.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

No I have not since it doesn't strike me as a loading/bootup problem but rather something that seems to happen during a print. In fact, the Octoprint server seems to be stable for days unless a print is happening.

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

octoprint-systeminfo-20221001164405.zip (531.6 KB)
serial.log (2.3 MB)
octoprint.log (68.1 KB)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

First thing would be to understand that the blue text usually is a link to additional information. In your post, the answer to "Where..." is to click on the logs link.

Also, when you opened this topic, there was a template (with lots of links) and above the text box where you type a reply are even more links. Please follow some of these links and then provide us with the recommended documentation so we can actually help you solve your problem.

My apologies, of course. I have edited the starting post to include more details, as well as some log files and the system bundle. I hope that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.