Octoprint server does not start after error while adding and updating plugins and octoprint

There is a fair amount of null characters (I think) at the end of that log that might indicate that during the upgrade, your system crashed - perhaps it lost power or something. Not able to tell for definite, but it gets most of the way through the upgrade before dying. A force reinstall working would also imply that the upgrade just failed the first time - it does happen in the odd case every release.

sooo, mine is a candidate for a new image his is running again? should i make as solved then?
(sounds kinda salty, but not ment to be :slight_smile: its all fine!)

or does anyone have another idea for my octopi? cant even force-install with pip from octopi or python, since pip is not recognized at all ^^; feels real bad

Did you correctly activate your virtual environment first without errors? In your case you must run

source /home/pi/oprint/bin/activate

Then the force-reinstall:

pip install --force-reinstall --no-cache-dir octoprint
2 Likes

was about to say, 'no such directory, till i saw the missing 'o' from oprint.

source /home/pi/oprint/bin/activate
pip install --force-reinstall --no-cache-dir octoprint

also did a:

/home/pi/oprint/bin/python3 -m pip install --upgrade pip

since my version seemed kinda outdated and the installation mentioned pip changed

and we got a webinterface booted in safemode like it should!
its also running stable without safemode now. looks like the update did break something...
thats some dark necromantic stuff we just did...

sir, i owe you a coffee!
(please edit the o into your response, so i can mark it as a solution for other peeps <3)

That missing o was indeed a typo, apologies!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.