Octoprint Server Doesn't Start?

What is the problem?
I booted up my raspberry pi for the first time in a few weeks, logged in to the web client, and I noticed a new version of OctoPrint was available to update. I updated it and it said everything installed properly but when I waited for it to boot back up and reconnect, nothing happened. I gave it 15 minutes and still nothing. I went back to Octoprint's IP in my web browser, but I get the "Octoprint server is not currently running" page.

What did you already try to solve it?
I unplugged power from my raspberry pi, and plugged it back in (after I waited for a reconnect for ~15 minutes), thinking it didn't restart and it might have instead shut down.

I also followed the instructions on the "Octoprint server is not currently running" page to no avail. I logged in via SSH and ran the ~/.octoprint/logs/octoprint.log command and it returned a permission denied.

Even after attempting a sudo service octoprint restart it didn't do anything

Logs (octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support!)
I couldn't get permission to export a log.

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible)
Right now when I SSH in, it says OctoPrint version: unknown and OctoPi version: 0.15.1

I am also a super novice when it comes to code like this, so just a heads up with my experience level.

Hi!

If this is your usually habit to shutdown OctoPrint, I strongly assume your installation on the SD card is corrupted.

It isn't my usual habit to shut it down, I always use the power button in the client UI, but since the client was down and I was waiting for a reconnect and it didn't happen, I unplugged it.

Do you think I might need to format the SD card and reinstall octoprint?

It's a matter of effort. If you don't have any important data on the SD card like time lapses and/or model files, it could be much more easy to install the most recent version of OctoPi. If you have another or a new SD card you may use that one.

It isn't a command you are supposed to run, it is a text file you need to download eg with something like winscp, or just look inside via cat/less/nano/...

Okay gotcha. I'm super new to this. I knew it was a file, but I didn't know how to get a hold of the log file without the web client. I think I might just format the SD card and reinstall Octopi

I think Ill give this a go. I don't have any time lapses I need on there, the only hassle is reinstalling the plugins, but even then its no big deal.