Octoprint Setup

What is the problem?

I have downloaded OctoPi on my Pi which is connected to my PrusaMini. Now on the Octopi.local page on my computer when I try to connect to Octopi I am getting the following error;

State: Offline (Error: No more candidates to test, and no working port/baudrate combination detected.)

Not sure what I am doing wrong. Appreciate the help.

What did you already try to solve it?

WRITE HERE

Have you tried running in safe mode?

WRITE HERE

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

WRITE HERE

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

WRITE HERE

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

WRITE HERE

Is the printer turned on?

1 Like

Hi. Yes, the printer is turned on.

Since you did not really fill in the template, we have to guess and get some obvious things out of the way first.

Did you connect the printer to the pi via a micro-USB cable? The USB-A end goes into the Pi, the micro-USB end goes into the printer. NOT the other way around.

Try several different cables - it's always the first one you try that is charge only and can't transfer data, not all USB cables are created equally. Plug the printer into another computer, does it pick it up?

Please pardon me for not filling out the template properly. I reconnected the cable and it finally worked. I believe the connection was loose.

Thank you so much, appreciate your help and patience.

Thank you Charlie -
I reconnected the cable and it finally worked. I believe the connection was loose and had to be plugged in snuggly.

Thank you so much for your help.

1 Like