Octoprint sitting at 96% when print complete

What is the problem?
The print job runs fine and Octoprint runs normally throughout. When the print job is finished, Octoprint sits at 96% and never finishes. The print completes correctly. If I refresh the browser, Octoprint shows ready to print. I have tested on Brave, Firefox and Chrome. Same result.

What did you already try to solve it?
Rebuilt Octoprint. Was fine for a bit and then started the same issue again.

Logs (octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support!)
Uploaded

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible)
Ocotprint version: 1.4.0
OctoPi version: I downloaded the lastest from the site: 0.17.0
Printer: Maker Select V2.1
Firmware TH3d U1.R2.15
Broswers: Brave, Chrome, Firefox. All latest releases
Pi: RPi 4B 2GB
octoprint.log (665.5 KB)

I might guess that there is some sort of JavaScript error (seen in your browser's Developer Console area) which might prevent the front-end from refreshing state.

Try in Safe Mode and see if it's happy.

Do you have octolapse running?

Ok I will give it a go. Perfect timing..I have a print running...should be done in a few hours.

Octolapse is not running or loaded

Feel free to use something like Postman to craft a GET message to the REST API and ask the printer for its status. You're interested in progress.

If you're a fan of NodeJS then octo-client's examples include stuff like this.

Nothing showed up in the console...no errors.

This is the last set of commands from the terminal window besides the temps dropping now that the run is complete.

Changing monitoring state from "Printing" to "Finishing"
Send: N116633 M400*23
Recv: ok
Changing monitoring state from "Finishing" to "Operational"

So the job is finishing from what I can see however the browser is not updating as expected.

I have attached a screenshot of the plugins I have installed.plugins

Pull the mask off the bed, restart Octoprint in Safe Mode and print another. Query remotely if you'd like.

Postman:

• Verb = GET
  • URL = http://octopi.local/api/job
  • Headers tab
    • X-Api-Key = whatever is in your OctoPrint's ~/.octoprint/config.yaml -> api -> key
    • Content = application/json
  • Body tab: Select None
  • Press the SEND button and read the response

If you sliced using the .ufp format then you might need to either extract the gcode file out of that or reslice without the UFP format (since Safe Mode would keep that from running). But it's also possible that the UFP plugin has already extracted it and the gcode file is what's stored now in your ~/.octoprint/uploads folder. This appears to be what it does.

Ok I will give it a go after work today. Thanks!

1 Like