Octoprint Timelapse Error: The ffmpeg C:\ffmpeg\bin The path doesn't exist

Octoprint Timelapse Error: The ffmpeg C:\ffmpeg\bin The path doesn't exist
Octolapse Startup Failed
Unable to start the timelapse. Canceling print. Error: The ffmpeg C:\ffmpeg\bin does not exist. Please configure this setting within the Octoprint settings pages located at Features->Webcam & Timelapse under Timelapse Recordings->Path to FFMPEG.

FFMPEG has been tested on it own on Win 10 PC plays videos ok
Added path in system environmental variables

Octoprint 1.3.8 Rasp Pi 3 Prusa MK3 trying to get Octolapse to work no video or picture shows up cancels print

1. Is there a folder at the global (as in "root", "Administrator") level of your computer called "C:\ffmpeg\bin"?
  2. Who does OctoPrint run as (username)? Is it pi or something else?
  3. Does this user have the Windows rights to read/write here at the global level? Microsoft usually blocks this sort of access unless it's under the user's C:\users\pi home directory or similar. It's a security thing.

I teach software development and perhaps 10% of the students are on Windows-based computers. For 32 years I coded on PCs and the last 4 have been on Macs due to the problems like this.

This post should give you a feel for the differences regarding paths.

You might try /ffmpeg/bin as the path in your config and see if it works; it may surprise you.

i have tired it under users and also made sure the folders in several locations have admin and user rights I also turned off the firewall and antivirus

i think i may have it testing now this was missing from octoprint Path to FFMPEG /usr/bin/avconv

I'm confused. Is OctoPrint installed on Windows or on a Linux OS (like OctoPi on a Raspberry Pi)?

Is the camera connected to the same system as the printer?

He mentioned that in the fine print earlier...

"FFMPEG has been tested on it own on Win 10 PC..."

i think i may have it testing now this was missing from octoprint Path to FFMPEG /usr/bin/avconv

If, as @OutsourcedGuru suggests, OctoPrint is installed on Windows, then "/usr/bin/avconv" is wrong.

I think I'm still confused :confused:

@b-morgan that makes two of us. /usr/bin/avconv makes absolutely no sense as path on a Windows system.

Ok so i had the same issue.
I downloaded https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/
then extracted the files into C:\ffmpeg
my patch was c:\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe

that took care of the error.