Octoprint to grbl - not connecting

A newbie here building the DIYMachines.UK/ Sandtable. I have zero background knowledge, jumped right in. Here is what I have:

Raspberry PI 3A+ and Shield CNC 3V.
Octoprint with Plugin Better GRBL support. - all updates complete - Version 1.9.0

When I try to connect/ everything times out:
Here is the output from Terminal.

Changing monitoring state from "Offline" to "Opening serial connection"
Connecting to port /dev/ttyACM0, baudrate 115200
Changing monitoring state from "Opening serial connection" to "Connecting"
Connected to: Serial<id=0x707aea18, open=True>(port='/dev/ttyACM0', baudrate=115200, bytesize=8, parity='N', stopbits=1, timeout=10.0, xonxoff=False, rtscts=False, dsrdtr=False), starting monitor
Send: N0 M110 N0125
Recv:
Recv: Grbl 1.1h ['$' for help]
Recv: >G1X10F2000:ok
No answer from the printer within the connection timeout, trying another hello
Send: N0 M110 N0
Recv: error:20
There was a timeout while trying to connect to the printer
Changing monitoring state from "Connecting" to "Offline"
Connection closed, closing down monitor

I have started in safe mode.
One clue is that in the video instructions in the grbl settings was to remove "$$" under "Hello Command" - but... when I make it blank like the video and save, it resorts to the factory setting of "$$" - Could this be the issue?

Here is a link to octoprints system info.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1AE2DrAkWNT5gW-PkAwt6rUpzU-51pBzC?usp=sharing

You will probably get much better support on the sandtable forum: (1) Discord | #sand-art-table | DIY Machines

From the little info you included, it looks like the serial device returns info, but obviously not what octoprint expects to get back, so definitely a question that needs answers from the sand table forum, this is not something anyone here will be familiar with.

A generic serial/usb troubleshooting guide would include:

• Check that you have the right port connected, i.e /dev/ttyACM0
  • Make sure the serial communications setting are matching
  • Custom settings that is specified for this specific hardware setup to work.

Good luck with your project.

Thank you..

I was having the same issue with the same equipment. I ended up swapping from v2.3.1(octoprint library) back to v2.3.0(github verision) and no issues now

Please excuse my ignorance, but, how did you do this exactly?

Did you resolve this? If so, How please.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.