Octoprint turns off print head when printing through machine

Whenever I try to print something without octoprint (like from a flash drive) while octoprint is connected to the printer, octoprint keeps turning off the print head after some time.
Is there something I can do to stop this from happening?

Please upload your octoprint.log so we can se which plugins you're using :slight_smile:

1 Like

And a serial.log (enable this first) to see if it is even caused by any commands sent to the printer.

octoprint.log (35.3 KB)

hard to tell whether a plugin causes your problem or it's another thing
as @foosel said - we also need a serial.log. You can stop the print after the problem occurred.
Just to be sure - you mean the heating of the print head is turned off, right?

Actually, come to think of it, that sounds suspiciously like a third party plugin like

might be at work here. You have BetterHeaterTimeout installed, it seems to be doing its job.

Oh that looks suspicious. I guess it came preinstalled in my octopi and I wasn’t aware of it.
I’ll try again with that disabled.

Did you purchase an EZPI from TH3D? That's one of the distributors that I know that releases bundled third party plugins. The official octopi image, linked on the downloads page does not.

Yep. Thats where I got it from.

You may want to shoot their support an email in regard to this. They may want to take that out of their bundled plugins.