OctoPrint UI does not show the files on the printer SD card

What is the problem?

The Octoprint UI does not show the existing files on the printer SD card.

What did you already try to solve it?

The M20 command in the terminal is showing the printer SD card files. So the files are there.
Updated to the latest version of Octoprint (version 1.4.2) and all of the plugins.
On UI :refresh SD card -> no result
No filters on the "file list settings"

Any idea what is going wrong ?

Hello @bert_van_de_beek!

Have you enabled the SD support in the OctoPrint settings?

Looks like he has, or the interface would not be showing the "Upload to SD" button.

Sure, you are correct .:blush:

Logs please?

I had another look at the SD card. I found a lot of . files (.trash etc). This files are placed on the SD card because I also used it in a MacOS system. I removed all the "dot" files on the card (under windows) and now I can see the files on the SD card in the Octoprint UI.

Thanks for all the reactions.

HI
I have the same issue. The Feature SD support is enabled however the "upload to SD " is not enabled
I checked on Windows there are no trash files. Any other suggestions??

Regards

Meir

Please stay on one thread with your issue.

I'm new here. I happened upon OctoPrint/OctoPi very recently.
I'm posting in this thread rather than starting a new one, as it is basically the root issue.
I've owned a Anet A8 for a few years, standard.
Not used frequently, just printed using the micro-SD card and built-in menu screen.
Then bought the GEEETECH 3DWiFi, which allows a smartphone to link and control (suitable) printers, initiate prints from the printer's micro-SD card, and inject downloaded files. I was content with that, but hadn't realised it used a remote server which has been taken down (the device and the app are still available to purchase and install - crazy!)
Octopi seems to work differently, bizarrely taking the control of print jobs back off the printer and giving it to a 'computer' on the end of the USB cable. It might be a Pi, rather than a Windows PC, but the risk is the same - communications breakdown or buffering and the print is ruined. Not something that affected the 3DWiFi as it just told the printer which file to print, and supplement the menu on the printer with a touchscreen control.
So, I have a Pi4B which I'd set up for media, a 3A+ which had never been used, and a cheap compatible camera. Got the 3A+ working (proven) as a Pi computer, then installed OctoPi to another card.
I have many .gcode files on the printer's card but OctoPi doesn't show me those, only ones I upload fresh. So is it the case that I CANNOT initiate prints using the OctoPi UI that are executed by the printer alone?
Thanks for taking the time to explain to an OctoNoob.

The initial post was solved already 2 years ago, with the problem being MacOS & .trash type files. If this does not solve your problem, then you don't have the same problem.

No this is not the case, OctoPrint has a feature of 'Upload to SD' and 'Print from SD' that is when it instructs the printer to print something stored on the printer's SD card, rather than OctoPrint being in control of the print directly.

If you are having trouble getting your printer's SD card to be supported I would recommend opening your own topic for troubleshooting instead of using this one that is already solved.