Octoprint update erased files?

What is the problem? Octoprint worked fine last night, did an update that popped up, now there's no network settings file. Unsure what else may have screwed

What did you already try to solve it? What can I do??

Logs (syslog, dmesg, ... no logs, no support) Looks like any logs are gone too?

Additional information about your network (Hardware you are trying to connect to, hardware you are trying to connect from, router, access point, used operating systems, ...)Tell me what you need and I'll add it. This is a Raspberry Pi 4 basic, 2gb ram connecting to an Ender 3 pro. Again, no problems until it popped up with an update request.

Hello @Blu3shyft!

What update?

I don't remember now, and have no ability to find out.

Believe it or not, the logs might give us a hint:
octoprint.log and plugin_softwareupdate_console.log

1 Like

NEITHER FILE EXISTS. AS I STATED, THE NETWORK FILE, ANY LOG FILES, AND UNKNOWN OTHER FILES ARE ALL GONE. F**k it, I'm just going to wipe the install and start fresh.

You are not getting help if you start shouting an cursing.

1 Like

Maybe read the previous statements before asking for the same files that don't exist, hmm?

that attitude will get you nowhere

We're just trying to help you and if somebody misses a thing in your post that's no reason to get grumpy

Treating someone like an idiot isn't the best way to endear yourself to someone who's new to something. I stated in the ORIGINAL post that the logs were gone. If someone else can't be bothered to read what the issue is, then why are they 'trying to help' in the first place?

be assured that nobody wants to treat you like an idiot and if somebody misses something just remind the person of that part.

if you can't stand the way our users try to help you I suggest you search for a better forum

Well, it sure seemed like field there was viewing me as such. Maybe there should be a forum rule to actually read the OP of a thread before replying? Besides that, how many Octoprint forums are out there? Not many, I'm sure.

So do you want to get help, or do you want to continue to alienate the people who want to help you?

Your outburst up there was entirely uncalled for (and as far as I know @fieldOfView, of you'd just reminded him in a friendly tone that you already started that the logs seem to be gone, he'd apologized for the misunderstanding - but not after THAT). Further passive aggressiveness doesn't make for the best impression either, and considering the limited amount of options you have in terms of OctoPrint forums, maybe you should try to cooperate now that we have the initial misunderstanding cleared up and work towards figuring out what went wrong instead of throwing mud?

If however you insist on continuing to berate some of the most helpful community members instead, then you may leave - this isn't the place for that.

2 Likes