Octoprint with Gopro?

What is the problem?

So i have been using octprint for a couple of days now and i have one problem. The only camera i have right now is a GoPro Hero 5 Black and i can't get it to work. I know that GoPro's probably won't work with octoprint but hey better to ask then to never know.

What did you already try to solve it?
Plug it in, add the -y to the script and un dashed it.

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab, ...)

Octoprint 1.3.8 running 0.14.0
\Serial - the log basically said no camera detected

I only have a hero 3 so obviously can't try it but does the hero 5 offer any webcam functionality via the USB port? Typically as far as I know that usb port is only for charging and acting like a removable storage device to pull off the files stored in the gopro's SD card. If the camera doesn't have any sort of webcam mode then no, you're not going to be able to use it. If it does, and it requires their own software to be installed for that to work then that also won't work with octoprint.

In short, if the camera doesn't present itself as a webcam, it isn't going to work.

Seems like, yes, but low resolution unless you basically use a HDMI capture card and rebroadcast that (via https://www.knowhero.com/guides/goprowebcam). Low resolution is "Hero5 Black streaming in only 864x480 resolution".