Octoprint won't accept terminal commands or control button presses

I have been able to print successfully with octoprint, but for some reason if i run a print and cancel it, then try to put in commands into the terminal, my printer to not respond. If I send a G28, it doesn't home, but i can home from the lcd panel of my printer. Also, the z axis motors lock up, and the move axis buttons under the control tab don't work. However, I can still send gcode to the printer and print things, so there is some functionality.

What did you already try to solve it?

I rebooted my machines (printer and octopi server), as well as uninstalled some plugins I thought were causing issues...When i go to run G28, it gives me this output:

Printer seems to support the busy protocol, will adjust timeouts and set busy interval accordingly

Also, worth noting, when it works and sends a Control command (press one of the arrow buttons), it sends it with F5, so it goes super slow. Not sure how to change this/if its related.

Additional information about your setup (OctoPrint Version 1.3.10, OctoPi Version 0.16.0, running on Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3, CR10S S4, Marlin 1.1.9, log attached)octoprint.log (49.8 KB)

hy! i have same problem sometimes (ubuntu server 20.04 - lenovo T60 - 4Gb)

this method work 4 me:
disconnect printer
reboot octoprint server
----if u cant, open ssh and type: sudo service octoprint restart
then reconnect printer

1 Like

If the printer is busy, eg waiting to reach a certain temperature, it will not be able to execute new commands received through the serial port. OctoPrint shows this by being in the state "cancelling" after pressing the cancel button. New commands will be executed once the printer has returned to the "operational" state.

1 Like