Octoprint won't print in centre of the bed

Whenever I try and print using Octoprint, the print tries to start at the far right of the bed, grinding away at the stepper so I power it down . The Axis all home to 0,0 correctly but then move off to the Right. If I put the same Code on an SD card it prints just fine. All other functions of Octo seem to work perfectly. I even flashed my firmware using Octo plugin without issues.

I have set the printer profile to rectangular 0,0 at front left.

I realise this is a little short on details but I just don't know where to start.

I am using ADVi ++ Version 4 on a Wanhoa clone sliced with Cura.

Hi Folks, I realise I perhaps should have also included this: My starting Code :slight_smile:

This same Code is in Cura.

M104 S200; Start Heating Nozzle
M190 S60 ; Wait for Bed to reach 60
G28 ; Home all axis
M109 S200; Wait for nozzle to reach 200
G1 X60.0 E9 F500.0; start purge line
G1 X100.0 E12.5 F500.0 ; Finish purge Line

Don't know if that helps or hinders. Either way VERY grateful for any assistance.

Hello @Jeff_Meredith!

Is that the printer firmware? Never heard of it. Also cannot find anything in the internet...

Apologies , that should read ADVi3 ++ Version 4. This is a fork of the Marlin firmware for the Balco 3D Touch.

The firmware can be found here: https://github.com/andrivet/ADVi3pp

1 Like

I assume something wrong with the firmware handling coordinates coming from the USB port. If the coordinates really would be outside the print area, the firmware should prevent this happen.
Could you please share the logs?

Sorry for the delay replying. Many thanks for your input. Once again this was dumb user error. I had startup Code set in two places, the first left the printer in relative movement mode so the second set of startup code assumed home was in the middle of the bed. Thanks again for your input.