Octoprint wont update

What is the problem?

Wont run updates.

What did you already try to solve it?

Tried SSH in and ran updates.

Have you tried running in safe mode?

No

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

?

Complete Logs

octoprint.log, serial.log or output on terminal tab at a minimum, browser error console if UI issue ... no logs, no support! Not log excerpts, complete logs.)

octoprint.log (389.7 KB)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

Creality Ender-3 Pro, Chrome Browser, Pi 3b

Can you also upload plugin_softwareupdate_console.log ?

You'll want to fix this too:
!!! UNDERVOLTAGE REPORTED !!! Make sure that the power supply and power cable are capable of supplying enough voltage and current to your Pi.

It hasnt logged anything in that log file.

So how exactly are you trying to run updates? What commands and result are you getting?

I was trying to run them straight from octoprint notification. I have changed my input power and have not seen the under voltage on the end of the log anywhere.

SSH in as the pi user and try this:

source ~/oprint/bin/activate
octoprint plugins softwareupdate:update octoprint

What does vcgencmd get_throttled return?

I got it... it was throttled too much. All I did was swap out cables and we are good to go! Thanks for your help!

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Actually an undervolatge issue prevents updates of any kind.

!!! UNDERVOLTAGE REPORTED !!! Make sure that the power supply and power cable are capable of supplying enough voltage and current to your Pi.
2021-04-23 22:48:35,788 - octoprint.environment - INFO - Detected environment is Python 3.7.3 under Linux (linux). Details:
|  hardware:
|      cores: 4
|      freq: 1400.0
|      ram: 915718144
|  os:
|      bits: 32
|      id: linux
|      platform: linux
|  plugins:
|      pi_support:
|          model: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3
|          octopi_version: 0.18.0
|          throttle_state: '0x50005'
|  python:
|      pip: 20.3.3
|      version: 3.7.3
|      virtualenv: /home/pi/oprint
1 Like

And the error message has been adjusted for the upcoming release of 1.6.0 to tell you what the actual problem is, rather than 'Could not be started'.

1 Like

Woke up this morning...cant access the server at all. Says failed to start octopi streamer selector See systemct1

Thoughts?

Well i ran sudo command to fix missing. and it seems to be working now. Seems pretty finicky

Not necessarily finiky, undervoltage can corrupt files on the sd card

3 Likes