Odd webcam behavour

I am running Octoprint 1.3.8 on an OrangePi Zero and it is great.

I want to add a video stream, but I am worried the video stream will put too much of a load on the CPU. So I installed Debian on a second Orange Pi Zero and I have installed and successfully configured MJPG-Streamer on it. I can view video steams from the 2 USB webcams attached just fine.

In OctoPrint I added the following into the stream URL:
http://192.168.254.99:8082/?action=stream <--- Remember this IP address is NOT my OctoPrint machine. It is a different machine with USB webcams setup.
When I click on "Test" the video stream shows up.fine. So that looks good.
I then "Save" the setting.

The problem is, after doing all this, I do not have a Camera tab in OctoPrint. Is this expected behaviour? Does the camera only show up in the OctoPrint interface if the camera is local?

I have tested with Edge, Firefox and Chrome and they all exhibit the same behaviour so I don't think it is a browser issue.

I know I can connect to the machine with the video streams to watch video progress, but it would be much cleaner to monitor everything within the Octoprint interface.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Did you also edit the snapshot URL further down on that page in Settings -> Webcam & Timelapse? Perhaps that it also involved.