Offline after error SerialException: device reports readiness to read but returned no data (device disconnected or multiple access on port?)

What is the problem?

Print stops again after getting Serial Exception error

What did you already try to solve it?

Tought power feedback could be the reason - Removed 5v pin from USB
Ground from display to printer frame - Isolated display from frame with PLA
Read that plugins could be the reason - Did a fresh instal of Octopi with no plugins

Have you tried running in safe mode?

no but did a fresh instal without plugins

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

NA

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

Win 11
Ender 3 Neo 2.4.4
Firmware oficial Creality Ender3-Neo-HW4.2.2-SW2.0.8.58-Nine-Language(filamentRunout)
Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W
OctoPrint 1.9.2
Python 3.9.2
OctoPi* 1.0.0 (build 2023.07.18.111854)

Ender printers are notorious for having those kind of issues.
Often it's caused by the display cable itself which acts as an antenna for EMI.
Sometime rerouting the cable helps or you could try to wrap it in aluminium tape.

EMI can be emitted by a lot of things like fluorescent tubes, ACs, fridges and sometimes even when you sit down on an office chair with a gas cylinder in it.

Thanks for your post. I will try to some stuff on the cables and see if works

Hi,
Thank you for your last reply.
I tried rerouting the cable. it seems to have worked for a while but I just lost 2days of print to this error again.

anything else I can try ?

How do I check if its is a EMI problem ?

Trying to dig deeper into the issue. I see a lot of people commenting about resend rations. but unless im reading it wrong I dont have resend lines. All is working normally right untill it crashes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.