Old POLAR3D Printer

What is the problem?

So my school recently gave up an old POLAR3D printer that I am trying to use with Octoprint. I switched out the raspberry pi in it to a pi4 and installed octoprint. In the Octoprint interface, I can control all axes fine, but I can't extrude for some reason. Even with a file sliced from Cura the printer will move but won't extrude. Any ideas?

What did you do to try and solve it?

Research

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Yes

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

No

Systeminfo Bundle

You can download this in OctoPrint's System Information dialog ... no bundle, no support!)
octoprint-systeminfo-20230212171607.zip (21.0 KB)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version, OctoPi version, printer, firmware, browser, operating system, ... as much data as possible

Octoprint version: 1.8.6
Firmware: 2021.10.11
Browser: Edge
Printer: POLAR3D
Motors are controlled by Printrbot F5

Hi :tentacle:

Please enable the serial.log (click on the link for help)
It tells us what happened and how the printer responded to the extrude commands.

Just test the usual things - move the axis, heat it up, extrude - and upload a new systeminfo bundle

1 Like

octoprint-systeminfo-20230214213339.zip (11.0 KB)
octoprint-logs.zip (21.2 KB)
Moved in all directions, Homed Axises, Heated to 100C, extruded and retracted 5mm

You have to enable the serial.log first, it is not captured automatically and your log is empty.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.