OpiTemp: can't determine the temperature, are you sure you're using Armbian?

What is the problem?

Octoprint refuse to install any plugin and tell me "ERROR - System is currently throttled, refusing to install anything due to possible stability isssues"

What did you already try to solve it?

I search over your forum and internet in general and saw that this problem can caused by low voltage or high temperature so...

1. I measure the voltage five time and it is 5.25V. After that I changed the power supply with another again 5.30V
  2. I had installed a noctua fan on Raspberry and I add a dissipator
  3. I look around the log (attached) and I find that the error could be "OpiTemp: can't determine the temperature, are you sure you're using Armbian?" but I don't know how to solve

Have you tried running in safe mode?

Yes but the plugin manager is disabled in safe-mode

Did running in safe mode solve the problem?

No

Complete Logs

Attached[octoprint (5).log|attachment](upload://zlAiHnXgPEgGFCN6M09mVjhUydI.log) (437.5 KB)

Additional information about your setup

OctoPrint version: 1.5.3,
OctoPi version: 0.17.0,
printer MK3S,
firmware Last one,
browser Chrome,
operating system, Windows 10 64 Bit

Hello @pinguinone !

Please:

Hello,
Thanks for your answer. Tomorrow will be the first thing I'll do to send you complete logs. Just a question, I have to attach to the answer right? It will be a bunch of file not only one as last time...please confirm that.

Here the logs!

Octitemp-log.zip (763.7 KB)

There's a couple of things here:

• You're not running an Orange Pi or Armbian, that's why OPi Temp won't work. You're using OctoPi, which is not based on any of these, running on a Raspberry Pi.
  • Your Pi is throttling due to undervoltage -
     2021-02-05 11:20:55,298 - octoprint.plugins.pi_support - WARNING - This Raspberry Pi is reporting problems that might lead to bad performance or errors caused by overheating or insufficient power.
     !!! UNDERVOLTAGE REPORTED !!! Make sure that the power supply and power cable are capable of supplying enough voltage and current to your Pi.

You mentioned you have increased the voltage? How are you powering it? If you are using the GPIO pins, I recommend against this for two reasons: high resistance usually due to thin cables, and no protection/regulation on the power cable. The USB port has the proper regulation - try powering it this way if you do not already.

Photo.zip (191.8 KB) [quote="Charlie_Powell, post:5, topic:30249"]
You mentioned you have increased the voltage? How are you powering it? If you are using the GPIO pins, I recommend against this for two reasons: high resistance usually due to thin cables, and no protection/regulation on the power cable. The USB port has the proper regulation - try powering it this way if you do not already.
[/quote]

Hi,
thanks for your reply. I always powering by USB Port. I try two different combination:

1. Directly by an Apple usb charger that I can't misure the voltage but should be enough considering that is a good product

2. I intercept the USB cable and cut it, after that I put into a "male plug" that goes in a "female plug" and from it to the charger. See the photo attached. As you can see the white USB cable goes to the raspberry and finish in the "male plug", than it goes to the female plug that goes to the charger. In this case I can measure the Voltage and I mesaure it into the "male plug" both at the arrival and after and the voltage was always 5,25 - 5,30 V

After that I want to tell you that I print for about 6 hours last time without any problem at all
How can I solve?

Avoid the additional stuff you've got going on, find a USB power supply that is not that underpowered. Technically this is below spec for the Raspberry Pi, which is 5V 2.4A (12W).

You have an Apple charger - the Pi does not have a battery, it can't be charged. Quite often with these chargers (and I would especially suspect this Apple) they do not provide enough power just when plugged in, and the device must communicate with the charger somehow. RPi can't do this.

If the Pi is complaining about undervoltage, usually the only solution is better wiring or better power supply.